Governors are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality of education.
Together with the Headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school’s aims and policies.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
- Overseeing financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
This is outlined on page 13 of the Governance Handbook.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure the school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
The Local Governing Body at St Thomas More School currently consists of:
|Alison Templer (Chair)||Foundation Governor|
|Sofia Massa (Vice Chair)||Foundation Governor|
|Shirin Kumar||Foundation Governor|
|John Bellasis||Foundation Governor|
|Marta Navas Mir||Foundation Governor|
|Pablo Callejo||Foundation Governor|
|Rocio Vicens||Foundation Governor|
|Janice Relano||Foundation Governor|
|Rania Naser||Staff Governor|
|Anand Kulkarni||Parent Governor|
|Rhian Pye||Co-Opted Governors|
|Chris Robins||Co-Opted Governors|
Previous Governors (resigned in the last 12 months):
Anna Capilli Francis (left February 2023)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have a concern / issue /problem who do I speak to? What process do I follow?
If each problem is different, but please feel free to speak directly to Mrs Exley.
2. I would like to be a governor; what should I do?
If you wish to contact the Governors directly, please email the Chair of Governors on email@example.com
We believe each person is a unique creation made in the image of and likeness of God, called by name, with a special vocation and gifts to bring to the world. We seek to develop these talents in each individual by being a beacon for Catholic education in Oxfordshire.
PFMAC Organisational Structure
The Local Governing Body is entrusted, by the Board of Directors, with delegated authority within our school.
The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company is a company limited by guarantee and an exempt charity registered in England and Wales with company number 9113542 and registered address Addison Road, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 9DG.
Our school is part of The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company (PFMAC), the family of Catholic schools in Oxfordshire, who work together to promote the teaching of Christ and the Catholic faith.
If you wish to know more about PFMAC please see link below.
For more information about The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company please visit their website.
If you would like to view a copy of the minutes please contact the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org.