Ethos, Vision and Values
To promote the formation of the complete person based on the example and inspiration of Jesus Christ and to help the pupils develop a personal relationship with God in their journey through life. To ensure every child shares in an educational environment filled with love and concern – a community joining together to help create a better world.
Our school motto, chosen with the whole school community, is ‘With Christ we Achieve, Believe and Create.’
Achieve – To achieve our goals and celebrate our talents through determination and resilience.
Believe – Our faith in God teaches us to believe in ourselves and to respect others.
Create – To create a safe and happy learning community filled with meaningful friendships.
At St Thomas More we are dedicated to providing a broad and balanced curriculum that helps children reach their full potential, creating confident, caring and respectful citizens of the future, all rooted in our Catholic faith.
Together with staff, parents, parish and community we work together with children to:
- Develop an informed Christian faith
- Develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- To stretch and challenge themselves enabling them to achieve their maximum potential in all areas of the curriculum
- Have high self esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment
- Become highly motivated life long learners
- To stretch and challenge themselves in all areas of the curriculum
- Embrace change positively in the rapidly advancing world they are growing up in
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Gain technological skills for the modern world
- Care for others and respect individual differences
St. Thomas More Catholic Primary School is a caring school which values each member of the community. This is encompassed in our School Mission Statement. Expectations of care and concern for the well being of all children, staff and families is central to our ethos. Gospel values and motivation are cultivated in all subject areas and indeed, in all of the various activities in the school.
Click here to see how we teach these values at St Thomas More