Acts of Worship
Collective worship is at the heart of our role as a Catholic School. Our coming together to worship and pray is that special moment in each day when we are drawn together, enabling the spiritual development of each child and providing opportunities to develop a personal relationship with God. Music is used to create the appropriate atmosphere for reverence and quiet reflection as children and staff enter and leave the hall. A lighted candle is used as a focal point.
- Monday – Whole school assembly led by the Headteacher or Class Teachers.
- Tuesday – Hymn Practice in the week prior to a Whole School Mass. Hymns are embedded in our whole school assemblies.
- Wednesday– Prayer service / class based collective worship (FS and KS 1 and KS 2). Wednesday's prayer service to parents is held once every long term in all classes from Reception to Year 6.
- Thursday – Whole School Masses, unless for a Holy Day of Obligation, are generally held on a Thursday at 9.30am in the Parish Church. All classes from Reception to Year 6 will host a class Mass on a rota basis.
- Friday – Whole school afternoon celebration assembly led by either a class, the Headteacher or a member of the Senior Leadership team. All classes from Nursery to Year 6 attend. Two certificates of achievement are awarded for per class, these certificates link to our school values of Unity, Humility, Respect, Determination and Fairness.
Other forms of worship are arranged at special times during the school year with opportunities to take part in Carol services, celebration Masses, Stations of the Cross, Reconciliation or other traditional devotions and services. Parents are encouraged to join us for all our celebrations, school Masses and assemblies.